Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Christmas so soon?

I am not a big fan of the fact that we start celebrating Christmas earlier each year. I swear it used to be after Thanksgiving that the stores started pushing the Christmas stuff, but now it's the second Halloween is over and sometimes a little sooner then that.

I really like Christmas, but it ruins it a little because by the time it actually is Christmas, you are totally burnt out on Christmas music, decorations, etc...

Not to join the dark side, though, but a were at a Christmas show this last weekend, selling our wraps, and the worlds cutest Santa was there. We just had to take the kids. Ayden already talks about Santa all the time and loves to go sit on his lap. He told him what he wants, and gave him a huge hug.


So I guess that even though I am anti-pre-Christmas excitement, it was really fun to get this family picture taken with Santa.

10 comments:

jenny said...

That's the cutest picture! You're soo beautiful, mar! Seriously!

Abi said...

Ya if I had a cute picture like that I'd celebrate earlier too! So so cute. I am still in denial that it is this time of year already!!

Gram said...

What a beautiful family!! I'm with you Mary they start Christmas before Halloween and it sort of takes the joy out of it.

WIKKY said...

I love Santa pics, you've inspired me to get one with our family. Someday soon. We'll see. Get going on Christmas, but I still don't listen to the music yet. Not till after Thanksgiving, that's my rule!

Herriman Blue said...

Cutest Santa picture!! Ya, can't believe it's before Thanksgiving and they have Santa's out!!

I have this rule I won't let myself listen to any Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving, and I have to admit, it's hard!! The radio is already playing it!! But I'm strong!!

Anonymous said...

I agree about the Christmas music. By the time it is finally Christmas, I am beating my head against the wall while hearing the umpteenth rendition of the same song!

Unknown said...

what a cute family picture!
i agree, we are decorating earlier and earlier each year.. but, i'm actually super excited this year. something about kids that makes every holiday more fun!

Aut said...

Look how cute that picture is! That could totally be your Christmas card picture--way too cute!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you - it's too soon for Christmas music! I'm ready to jump into Christmas the day after Thanksgiving though. Sohpie looks just like your pictures at this age! What a handsome and beautiful family.

Unknown said...

You know I'm not one to agree with you very often, but I think you're right on when you say Christmas comes too soon. Right on Sista!