Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Labor Day '07

Ever since my horrible 4th of July (just a rough day as a mom) I have had low expectations for holidays. Well, this Labor Day was definitely more then I expected. We spent the night at my parents house in Orem. Logan and I both agreed that it was the best night of sleep our children have granted us at Nanna and Papa's house in a long time so we were off to a great start. That morning we went to Riverside Country Club for a carnival and lunch. The kids had a blast with the cotton candy and the slides!


After lunch the boys were able to go golfing, with I know Logan always looks forward to. They really get a long well.

We had a minor set back when we told the kids that we would go swimming, forgetting that all the pools are closed to children 5 and under. We were dressed in our swimming suits and ready to party before we remembered so they were pretty let down. We headed home for a neighborhood dinner. We didn't remember that there was going to be slip n sliding involved so that cheered the kids right up!

Mom and Ayden

Ryan's butt slide

Michelle's knee slide

Texie's crazy slide!

Tatie- the marching man

It was a great day, together with friends and family. I'm trying not to get my hopes up for future holidays, but man I sure do love them!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We missed seeing you but your holiday turned out great and the kids had a good time in spite of not being able to swim.

Lindsay said...

Looks like a blast. I'd rather be slip n' sliding than walking in the heat!

Unknown said...

i love how you did the slip in slide too!
your kids are so cute!

Abi said...

Yeah for a fun holiday! You deserved it!