Monday, July 16, 2007

The Gator

I distinctly remember the Christmas when they came out with those battery operated cars for little kids. My brother Michael got one. I was so jealous. Strange because if I remember correctly, I could already drive. He would cruise up and down the street like he owned the joint, everyone cheering him on. And he never let anyone else near that thing.

Well, here we are, years later, and I finally got to ride the "GATOR". Our neighbors have the green dump truck version of Michael's red jeep. Ayden and Madi love cruising around, full speed in that bad boy. Last night we were having a popsicle outside before bed time and we saw the Gator left unattended. Ayden loves to try and drive it, but he hasn't mastered the whole "steering wheel" thing. So we found that the best solution was for one of us to ride with him, you know, to help steer and all. It was so fun, and now I can finally put all those negative feelings behind me. Thanks Gator!

5 comments:

Abi said...

You are so funny! Nice legs. Woo ooo. Your hair looks great. I need a change . . . again. Fun night. Are your friends home yet?

Chelle said...

Sweet little life moment. love it. I didn't tell you this last night, but I am amazed how old Ayden looks. A boy, not a toddler. Pretty amazing how that is starting to happen with him. And he's a handsome little dude, too.

So, word to the wise on these ride on machines: Resist buying one of those things. Seriously. For our kids, they were just one of those novelties that after a while, they were back to their good ol' two wheelers. But man, did they beg for 'em until we gave in and got it (well, Santa was the sucker that actually got them!) : )

Anonymous said...

I remember when Michael had that vehicle and how important it was to him. I didn't realize Mary was jealous of it. I cannot believe how blonde Ayden is now. He is getting so big and his looks are changing. I take it Sophie was already in bed when this was going on. Love you!

Bree said...

Oh gosh, I wanted a Barbiemobile so dang bad!!! The hot pink one with the Barbie decals down the side. You had automatic street cred as an elementary schooler if you had one of those!!!!

Amber and Mike said...

You are too cute. I remember spending tons of time over at krissy's house because she had one of those. I glad you got to ride! You kiddos are so cute. I want to get Jaxon and Ayden together before Jaxon turns five. Just kidding, call me when your down. Your a babe in those pics. amber