Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Youth Conference

I have served in the Young Women for most of my adult life. It's an awesome calling and I am grateful to have it. Teaching is the hardest part, mainly because the Laurels tend to be too cool for the lessons sometimes. (like I can complain since I was too at that age) But it's a great opportunity for me to have a "do-over" since I'm sure I didn't do it right the first time.

This weekend is our Youth Conference. Since we are a small ward up here in Layton, Ut. somehow we got permission to go river rafting! We leave tomorrow morning at 5 am and drive up to Jackson. We are camping at a site not too far from the river. Thursday we are going on a hike, playing "get to know you" games, and having an awesome speaker. (Ryan Flitton!) Then we have 2 times scheduled on Friday to run the river. Everyone that wants to will get a chance to go and some people twice. That night we are having a spiritual activity and testimony meeting. Then Saturday we clean up and go home. I'm really looking forward to it! I was put in charge of food which is totally stressful, but I have a lot of help so it should be fine. I hope we can really make it a good testimony building experience for the youth.

3 comments:

laura said...

Wow! I can't believe you're actually excited to go camping! Go, Mary! It sounds like it'll be a great trip. Is Logan going too or is he staying home with the kiddies?

Abi said...

I love camping and river rafting! did you cook the meat yet? Oh my goodness that was a lot . . . have fun on the snake and camping. I think that being away from the ward is good for the relationships ya know.

Richard B said...

mmMary we hope that your rafting and camping trip went well. It's alot of fun to go on things like that, where you can be silly and have fun with the youth. Grams home!