Thursday, June 21, 2007

Happy Summer Solstice!!!

I don't know if you are aware, I wasn't until one of my friends informed me, but today is summer solstice! I wasn't exactly sure what that meant, even after he explained it to me, so I decided look online. Here is the best explanation I could find:

"In the northern hemisphere, the longest day of the year (near June 22) when the Sun is farthest north. In the southern hemisphere, winter and summer solstices are exchanged. The summer solstice marks the first day of the season of summer. The summer solstice is the longest day of the year, respectively, in the sense that the length of time elapsed between sunrise and sunset on this day is a maximum for the year."

So what does all this mean? Of course. . . PARTY! We are always looking for an excuse to party! It's a soup party and then a hike! We have to stay out to watch the sunset on the longest day of the year right! I'm so excited and I know it will be a blast. I'm sure I'll have pictures to show on tomorrow's post! Man I'm loving the Summer!

1 comment:

Abi said...

What a great excuse for a party!! Have a fun longest day! Love ya!