Thursday, May 10, 2007

When Daddy's gone

I know as mothers we all go through it, those times when Daddy is gone on business, and for some of you it's more then others. Logan doesn't go out of town much, but when he does it's a totally different world. In some ways it's nice because I don't feel the pressure to have the house clean or dinner ready (we've had a lot of Mac & Cheese this week!). But the days seem really long when there is nothing to look forward to except bed time.

So last night, to kill some time before bed, we decided to go out to dinner and to Toys R Us for some play time. Dinner was actually okay, you'd be surprised to see how many strangers are totally willing to help you when you have one kid on your hip and your chasing after another. I had people carrying my tray, grabbing me a high chair, and even cleaning up for me. Then it was party time for Ayden. The kid loves to be set free and he had a ball running around the store, going from one toy to the next. Of course he lost it when it was time to go, but it was still a successful evening. By the time we got home it was time for bed and I got to watch my shows. So my advise to all those moms with dads who are gone- fill the time with fun stuff for your kids, and you'll be surprised how fast the time goes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you Mary! That was a big discovery for you. I am glad you took the kids out for fun, even if Dad was gone. I am also happy that you had others that were willing to assist you. Love you!

Abi said...

HURRAY for MARY! I agree with filling up the time with something different . . . switch up the routine. I think that night time is the hardest when they are gone! You should treat yourself! Just shows that you are great! LOV EYOU!

Chelle said...

Boy can I relate to this post. I'm so glad that you went out and had some fun. Breaking the monotony is the key! And it's kinda fun to miss your hubby, too! ; )