Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter Morning




Bright and early Easter morning, at the crack of 6:00, Ayden decided he wanted to get up. He wanted some cereal so I thought that if I kept the lights off maybe I could grab some and take it downstairs so we won't have to do the Easter bunny thing so early. Well, as soon as we walked out Ayden yelled, "Oh, my basket!!!" To which I replied, "Oh Crap, we better go get daddy!" So we woke daddy up and headed out to see what the Easter bunny brought. We didn't wake up Sophie though, she got to see her basket about an hour later. Anyway, all the fun was over so quickly and then we just had to get ready for church. Ayden is a little confused because he believes that only Santa brings presents so if he gets a present, it must be from Santa. So no matter how many times we said it was from the Easter bunny, he told people he got a present from Santa.

1 comment:

laura said...

After thinking about how I wanted to "do" the Easetr bunny thing and talking to friends, I decided that the Easter bunny doesn't come to our houses and leave gifts. Rather, we get an Easter basket full of fun surprises. And then we see the Easter bunny at the mall or at big group Easter egg hunts, etc. I want to keep Santa special. Just like Ayden.

Plus there's something slightly more creepy about a giant bunny suit (or worse, a real bunny) coming into your house in the night, than there is about a jolly old man in red suit.