Friday, March 30, 2007

Exercise is for the soul

I have had some issues with my body since I had Sophie. I worked hard to lose the weight after Ayden, but it has been so much harder this time. I have also been a little more emotional this time around (Logan would say that's an understatement!) I started exercising when Sophie was 2 weeks old, but with adjusting to 2 kids and moving, I didn't really get consistent until December. At the beginning of February I was a little discouraged because I wasn't seeing the results I had hoped for. I talked to a friend in my ward and she said she lost 40lbs doing the 5:30 classes at the gym. At first that sounded absolutely horrible, but I decided to go for it. It was so hard at first, and I was so sore. They really kick your butt in these classes. But it's been 2 months now and I LOVE IT! Dr Hall told me that one of the best ways to regulate your hormones and emotions is to exercise every day. Man is he right. I still haven't had the results I hoped for, but I can see a definite difference in the way that I feel. I have more energy and I feel so strong. I feel more in control of my emotions and happy. It's not about my body as much anymore, it's about feeding my soul.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary, what a great discovery! I think I've known that for sometime, since my daily walks for decades haven't really changed my body, but they do keep me happy. I need to bump it up a notch and exercise harder - I discovered the endorphins with skiing! I'm so glad you have a blog now and I can be connected with your daily discoveries and pictures of the cute kids!

Anonymous said...

I am happy for you Mary. You deserve to be happy! It is so fun to watch you with your cute children and see that you love being a mother. You have a supportive husband and I am happy you have found that exercise is good for your soul!

laura said...

Great post, Mar. I am so happy for you that you found that exercise makes you so happy. Someday I'll love exercise too, right? I hope so!