Monday, March 19, 2012

{ baby number what? }

So I haven't posted about this yet because honestly it has taken me this long to actually believe it. We will be welcoming baby #4 to our family the end of August!

We went to the Doctor today and . . . .

It's a . . . .
BOY!!

We have some very excited little kids that have been waiting a long time for this day to come. From the moment we told them they have been dying to know if they would have a baby brother or baby sister. Ayden was even having dreams about it. But now they know and they are thrilled!

It all started back in December when I was watching my sister's kids. I was taking birth control, more so to regulate my hormones than for prevention since I'm not very fertile and have had to have help every time before. I was on my placebo week and took a test jokingly figuring I hadn't started because I had been spending so much time with my sisters.

When it turned out positive I laughed to myself because the test was really old and I figured there had to be some kind of mistake. I ran to target and bought 3 more test just to be sure. I immediately took another one and when it too was positive I walked around my room laughing and repeating "Oh My Gosh!!" before calling Logan. We were on FaceTime when I told him and the look on his face was priceless. He was as stunned as I was. It just wasn't possible! It took 2 visits to the doctor, 2 ultra sounds, and blood work to confirm it in my mind. I am still a little in shock over the whole thing but I am thrilled about this little soul that just couldn't wait to join our family. It is definitely a miracle in our lives.

5 comments:

Jesse and Alysha Lanham said...

Ah! How exciting!! :) Can't wait to see the little guy!

Janet said...

I'm so happy that your family will be even! And my life will be even, too! Four grandsons and four granddaughters!

Katie said...

Congratulations!! So excited for your family!

Abi said...

I love that this all surprised you. You guys deserve it. This little guy will be awesome!

Gram said...

Oh, Mary I am thrilled for you!! I know Ayden was so excited that he would have baby brother, and Sophie, too. I thought you were due the end of July so I got surprised at that. You and Logan are great parents and this little boy is coming to a wonderful family!