Monday, January 9, 2012

{ New Years Eve . . . 2011 }

We have started a tradition of having a New Years Eve party with my family and cousins at the Rife house. New Years Eve is my Mom's birthday so it's a combine birthday celebration as well. We always have a chocolate fountain which is the highlight for the kids. I had been watching Laura's kids that week while they were gone (post to come) so it was a wild party with many children.


{ the Rife girls }


{ All the Ladies }


{ Tasha, Brent and Keith }


{ Alysha and Jesse }


{Uncle Brian }


{ I love this picture! Look how grossed out Logan is! Awesome . . }



{ Like a moth to the flame . .}

Last year we did a white elephant gift exchange. It was so funny! Everyone was so creative! So we decided to do it again this year. We let the kids do one as well but they just got gifts from Dollar Tree. They ended up fighting over which gifts they wanted so I doubt we'll do that again! But the adults had a great time.


Karrissa brought a new game to try and even though it was crazy loud in there, it was still a fun game. I'd love to play it again when the kids aren't there.


The kids made up a game of their own in which they acted like dogs and locked themselves in Bristol's crate. It was hilarious!



{ Even after the others were gone we couldn't get Myla out of the crate! She loved it! }


{ These 2 girls were good friends (Myla and Kylie) }

This picture was taken after midnight as everyone was getting ready to leave. I couldn't believe how awake and HAPPY they were!

I am really excited about a new year. It always give me a new resolve to be better and set goals for the coming months.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Great post, Mary! I love having the party at my house!
Thanks for all your work to make it special!

Gram said...

Loved the post and photos Mary. You did a great job documenting New Years Eve and your Mother's birthday. It was a fun evening! Do those kids love a chocolate fountain or what?? They even look cute in Bristols cage.