Tuesday, November 1, 2011

{ Halloween 2011 }

I am beginning to enjoy Halloween a little more each year. This year was so much fun because the kids are at such fun ages!

They found their costumes in Nana Jan's giant cedar chest of costumes. They were pretty excited about being puppy dogs together. I was happy that they seem to finally get a long and share similar interests.

I was bummed that they had a full day of school on Halloween so I decided to keep Sophie home and check Ayden out at lunch time. They were so excited to do the "parade of offices".

Our first stop was Logan's new office down in Salt Lake. They have never been there so it was exciting for them to see where Daddy works!

Myla LOVES the computer. I can't even count how many times a day I have to unplug my keyboard so she doesn't mess up anything. So of course she couldn't get enough of Daddy's computer!

Next up was Brammy's office which is surprisingly close to Logan's office. We were able to meet up with the Halls there which was very fun for the cousins. They were all Dr. Sues characters. So cute!


{ Myla on Brammy's computer}

{ Josh (cat in the hat), Lauryn (thing 1), Ethan (Horton), Clara (thing 2) }

After our Salt Lake visits, we headed down to Orem for a quick stop at Nana's house and then we went to visit Papa and his office.

{ How cute is Nana's pumpkin outfit! }

{ Outside Papa's office waiting for him to come let us in }

Papa had a couch full of surprises for the kids when they got there!

Thanks Papa!


I forgot to get a picture, but we were able to make a super quick stop at Gramps and Gram's house on our way to the freeway. (I am sorry we couldn't stay longer) We were trying to make it back for the ward Trunk or Treat. (that we ended up missing because of traffic)

Once we were finally home, we had some puppy faces to re-do and then the kids were out the door with Daddy for some mad trick or treating!

{ I guess Sophie did NOT get the memo about being a princess this year }

{ But she was thrilled with her 4th and final puppy face }

We weren't sure how Myla would hold out, but Logan took the stroller and she went the whole time! She is a big fan of candy so I'm sure this will quickly become her favorite holiday.

Once they get back, we have a tradition of drinking hot chocolate to warm up. It wasn't very cold but we wanted to keep the tradition alive. So we enjoyed a delicious cup of french vanilla hot chocolate and then the kids crashed into their beds. They were exhausted from the fun filled day of visiting the people they love. It was a great day.

3 comments:

Richard B said...

Sounds like a great Halloween day for the kids to visit everyone. Thanks for stopping to see us. Sorry you missed the Ward Trunk or Treat.

Janet said...

Such a fun day! I'm so glad you made the trip down so we could see the kids!

Gram said...

Such a fun Halloween. I am so sorry you missed your "Trunk or Treat". Thanks for coming to see us. Had I known you were coming I would have had something special for my own GGkids.

The face paint made the kids costumes. Sophies tongue was darling. Know she didn't get the message about a princess but she was the prettiest princess on the Disney Wonder. I hope you got some cute photos of that.