Tuesday, September 27, 2011

{ Bowling night }

It's funny how something can sound so crazy to you until you hear it enough and eventually it starts to seem normal.

Example: Chickens

The first time I heard that people had chickens as pets, I thought it sounded ridiculous. Apparently thats a "thing" up here in Davis County and the more I've heard it the more it starts to sound like an okay thing. My neighbors just built a beautiful coupe for their 15 chickens.

Well the first time my friend told me she wanted to join a bowling league I thought she was off her rocker. That's for grandmas and weirdos right? Wrong. Up here in Layton, it is perfectly acceptable to be on a bowling league. After much persuasion, I decided to give it a go.

And . . . I love it!

Now you'd think that means that you have to be somewhat good at bowling . . . wrong again. I totally suck! My average is 106 right now, I'm barely breaking 100 each game. But it is so fun! I think the accessories are the best part!
I am now the proud owner of my own:

Bowling Bag

Bowling Shoes and most important . . . Bowling Ball!


Once I had all my stuff I was dying to go use it so I talked Logan into taking the kids bowling! They have been bugging me to go ever since I started claiming it's "unfair" that I get to do something fun without them while they are stuck at school! I'm such a mean Mom.

We decided to go to Boondocks because you can rent a lane for an hour. Little did I know, it would take an hour to bowl one game with these slow pokes! But they had a great time!

{ With Daddy }

{ Beautiful Lew }

{ Sophie's granny roll. Awesome. }

{ Ayden had better luck using my heavy ball and using the kid ball roller . . . }

{ Showing off my new stuff! Love that Myla Jae and her cheesy face. }

So hopefully as the season goes on I will improve my bowling average and become a decent bowler. If I am anything like my little brother Michael, I may turn out to be pretty good.

2 comments:

jenny said...

woot woot! an official layton mom :) so fun! i could eat myla.

WIKKY said...

Officially the hottest grandma bowler I have ever seen!!!!