Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Easter 2011

Man I am so far behind. I'm sad that I missed Easter and I want to go back because I want to remember what a wonderful Easter we had.

The festivities started on Friday as we spent the ENTIRE day in our yard getting it ready for the Eggstravaganza we host with the Flittons each year. Our yard was hurtin bad but don't you worry, we got it lookin real nice before the big day!


{Getting ready for the big event with my favorite guy}

{Baby's 2nd egg hunt. She spent the first one strapped to my chest in the baby bjorn}

{Madi and Ayden are lined up and ready!}

{Seesters}
On your marks . . . get set . . . GO!

The hunt is over so quickly but it's the visiting after that is my favorite part.

{Before this shot I said "act like ya like each other"}

{Ayden's friend Delaney}

{Sophie's best friends Kaiya and Ashlee}

Next up we headed to Salt Lake for the Hammer family egg hunt! It is always a good one and the kids look forward to it each year.

The kids love finding their Easter Baskets and all the eggs that Brammy and Bapa have boiled, colored, and hidden. By the end of that day we were pooped!

Easter morning the kids were so excited to find eggs in our own house and unwrap their presents from Mom and Dad!


{This is probably one of my very most favorite pictures I have of my kids}

Unfortunately this is the only picture I got in Easter clothes and we are down a man! Ayden was getting his hair done while I grabbed a quick shot of the girls. We busted out the door for our 9:00 church and didn't end up getting another picture. Bummer.

After Church we headed down to my parent's new cabin east of Heber. All our family members on the Rife/Parsons side were there and we had a delicious dinner and lots of fun together.

{Kylie, McKinnley, Ayden and Soph}

{My cousins Ryan, Karrissa, Brent, Joe, Tasha, Alysha, and Jesse}

{The ladies}

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful extented family. I love being so close with my cousin, growing up just a block away from each other. I thankful for all the trips to Disneyland and Sunday dinners we spend together making memories and building friendships.

You'd like to think that was the end of Easter right? Well, not at the Hammer house! We were unable to color eggs before the big day and the kids weren't about to let that pass them by!
So on Monday night for FHE . . . we colored eggs!


Well it was an incredible holiday and I'm thankful I have such a wonderful life and so many wonderful people to celebrate it with. I was able to teach our primary class on Easter.
When I asked our class why we celebrate Easter I prefaced it by saying "Something happened a long, long, long, long, LONG time ago and that is why we celebrate Easter. Does anyone know what happened?" To which Sophie, my own child responded hesitantly "the Easter bunny was born??" We had a good laugh over that one, but I was greatful for the opportunity to teach those 4 and 5 year olds about the Atonement and Resurrection. What a gift.

No comments: