Wednesday, April 13, 2011

{ reading kids }

For a long time I have been noticing what great readers my kids are. I wish I could say I had something to do with it, but the truth is . . . it's all them. I have a hard time even remembering to have Ayden get his reading done for homework. I feel like our days are so busy and they fly by so fast.

After spending a week with my sister Laura's family in NY I realized that I don't put reading high enough on my priority list for my family. The Buchanans have more books then I have ever seen. They are so good at having their children read before they get to play computer or watch TV. I want to be more like them.

So when I got home I decided to start right then and there to focus more on reading. I had my kids each read to me last night and I was blown away! They are incredible readers! I was so proud I had to make a video of each of them this morning so I can document and remember their incredible reading abilities at such young ages.

Sophie is 4 1/2 years old. She is in her second year of pre-school and starting kindergarden in the fall.


That book is one that Ayden brought home from kindergarden.

Ayden has always been ahead of his class. But his reading has become even more smooth and he iscomprehending somuch more. This is a book he checked out from the library.


I'm so proud of my kids. It's a blessing to be their mother.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I couldn't believe the reading Sophie did yesterday. They are amazing kids and have amazing parents!

east said...

I like your blog. And you are a good parent. Keep it up! Can you give me some book titles that I can post on my blog? I do love reading and also kids. http://www.ekidsbooks.blogspot.com/, that's my site. Thanks ahead!

Gram said...

I haven't heard Sophie read yet. but Ayden has read to me before and he is reading really good for his age. What a blessing it is to be a good reader! Reading is the foundation of all learning I am convinced and the more they read the more they learn. It is so exciting when they can picture the books in their mind like a movie. They can go anywhere and do anything when they can read.