Friday, March 11, 2011

{ Happy Birthday Baby Jae! }

Myla Jae Hammer is 1 year old!

I can't believe it. I mean Ayden and Sophie grew up fast, but this is a little bit ridiculous. It feels like just yesterday we were here . . .

In the hospital waiting for her to arrive.

And in the blink of an eye, a whole year has passed and she's turning one.

A few things about Myla Jae:

Myla has a strong will and knows what she wants. She is the loudest baby I've had by far. If she wants or needs something (most likely to be saved from Sophie) she doesn't hesitate to scream at the top of her lungs to get my attention.

Myla LOVES her family. She is spoiled to spend most of her time at home since Logan works here. The other night I went to a relief society dinner and my kids were in the nursery. One of the nursery workers told me after that Myla would have nothing to do with anyone in there except Ayden and Sophie. If anyone so much as looked at her she would crawl to them and hide. It's sweet to see how much she loves and trusts her siblings.

Myla also loves food and phones! If you think you are going to sneak a treat without sharing it with her, you've got another thing coming. And she knows that candy is the good stuff so she will fight to the death for some of that. The same goes for phones. I find myself hiding in the bathroom to respond to texts because if she sees my phone she will yell at me until I give it to her. She knows there are games on there and her face lights up when I start one and hand it to her.

Myla only has 2 teeth! I think that is why she looks so young to me. No teeth and no hair = baby to me. I have friends who's babies have a full head of hair and at least 6 teeth by the time they are 1. It makes them look so much bigger. I was trying to remember what my other 2 looked like at 1. Then I remembered the beauty of digital photos . . .


What a cute little nugget.


Look at all those teeth!

I definitely think she looks more like Ayden but that's just me.

Myla brings so much joy to our family. She truly does balance us out and I'm so thankful for her. We decided that since she doesn't really care to be around anyone other than her family, we wouldn't throw that traditional large 1st birthday bash. Instead we tried to think of what she would enjoy . . .

In the morning she woke up to the house decorated with balloons and signs as usual.


I tried to make #1 pancakes but they didn't turn out so well.


Then her brother and sister helped her open the gifts they picked out for her. Like most 1 year olds, she didn't really grasp the concept but I know Ayden and Sophie had fun.



We had a busy day with school and dance so we weren't able to really celebrate until much later. We had pizza for dinner (her favorite) and then let her go at her birthday cake.



She was a little shy at first, but once she tasted the frosting she didn't hesitate to dive in!





Can you even believe that face? She's so funny. Here's a shot of the aftermath from the cake:


I sure love this baby girl. I'm thankful to be her Mom and have her in our home.
Happy birthday baby Jae!

4 comments:

Janet said...

She's a sweetie and we love her! Happy Birthday, Myla Jae!

WIKKY said...

Happy Birthday sweet little Myla!! Love your face...

Gram said...

Mary she is so sweet. I am sorry we couldn't stay until she woke up last Sunday. You did a great job on the post. I would say she loved the cake.

We enjoyed watching her Sat. at the reception. She certainly is a Mom and Dad girl. Hopefully, one day she will readily love others.

Richard said...

Baby Jae is so adorable. And someday she's going to adore me, when she's old enough to be bought.