Thursday, October 7, 2010

Addition

My kids are big into addition right now. They are always throwing out addition problems to me in the car and they think I'm brilliant because I know that 90 plus 90 is 180. "How do you know that Mom? You're so smart!"

Well early this morning in our bed Logan was quizzing the Ayden:

Logan: "what's 50 plus 50?"
Ayden: "100?"
Logan: "that's right!! How about 20 plus 30?"
Ayden: "50?"
Logan: "Wow! Okay what's 40 plus 30?"
Ayden: "70?"
Mary: "Ayden!! How are you doing that?!!"
Ayden: "I DON'T KNOW"

5 years old! They haven't even started their math section at school yet! Most of the kids are still learning the numbers.


- Posted from my iPhone

4 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Maybe the cut to the head gave him specials powers! That is a bad cut, poor guy!

Janet said...

Wow, You and Ayden are VERY smart!

Richard B said...

Another fun experience teaching together as a family. Way to go Ayden!

Gram said...

I remember doing a lot of teaching like that in the car when we were going places. What a wonderful job you are doing. As Janet said, "Both of you are very smart".