Saturday, May 29, 2010

{rite of passage . . .}

The Hammer girls get their ears pierced. That's just how it is. I think there's nothing cuter than a baby girl with pierced ears. It all started with my friend Sara back in 2001. I took her daughter to get her ears pierced and I was hooked.

I took Sophie when she was 6 months. I have also taken 2 of my nieces, Hadlee and Elsie. I don't know why I love is to much, I just think little girls should have earrings.

So I held out for about 2 months with Myla, I thought her little ears were too tiny and I didn't want to mess them up. But I got too anxious, so . . . .

(WARNING! these pictures have the potential to break your heart! But keep in mind, she only cried for 30 seconds!)


Look how happy I am though!



And look how cute she looks! I love it!

5 comments:

Janet said...

Myla is ADORABLE and I love her pierced ears.

You were the first of my daughters to get her ears pierced - before you were three, because you BEGGED for days. It is appropriate that you are the instigator of ear piercing!

WIKKY said...

Love that last pic! So cute! I am just waiting for my girls to say something but they haven't yet. We'll see how long it takes them to realize how cute pierced ears are!

jenny said...

Mary, those first two pictures broke my heart! But her ears look adorable:) I love them! Miss you.

Gram said...

Since Myla so rarely cries it was sad to see the first couple of pictures. However, she does look cute with earrings. I was also prepared for the photo because I sat next to you on the Friday luncheon and noticed her ears were pierced and you warned me.

Richard said...

Oh well, I can barely remember the day I was circumcised.