Tuesday, April 27, 2010

{ Oh the maddness }

You know, for the first few weeks after Myla arrived, life was so peaceful. I had people taking my kids, visitors, Logan at home, man life was sweet. I spent most of my day relaxing and holding my little angel.

Well. . . boy how things have changed!!

It feels like everything went full speed ahead all at the same time! I started working again, right as we jumped into competition season. As well as soccer starting and what seems like a birthday party every weekend! All fun things, but a little overwhelming to a mom with a new baby!

So going back . . .

The panthers are back in full swing! The soccer season started again, and it's crazy how much these little guys have grown over the winter! I think this will be a better season though, because they seem to understand the sport a little more. Go Panthers!



Ayden had his second competition at Clearfield high on the 17th. Once again they got first place with both of their dances, and took grand champion over all the other dances in the beginning category! If you have a chance check out his dance on YouTube . . . JDS tricky tots!

{Bailey and Ayden watching some of the other dancers}

The next day, Sunday the 18th, we had an eventful evening. While playing with her uncle and his girlfriend at Nana's house, Sophie flipped off the swing falling over 10 feet and landing on her head. We had a ridiculous and long visit to the ER where she got her first (and probably not her last) CT scan.


A sad mommy. So hard to see your baby hurt.

Now I'll try not to go off about the ER doctor, but . . . he was so STUPID! He didn't bother to ask us how she fell, where she fell, how she landed, NOTHING! So when he came in and said that the CT looked fine, Logan and I weren't convinced. So on Tuesday when I noticed a lot of swelling at her temple, I took her to the pediatrician. After reviewing the scan again, and actually examining the patient, he found a non-displaced fracture! That's right, my baby literally cracked her head. Even though there's nothing we could have done differently had we known on Sunday, I was just so upset that it wasn't found sooner. But the fact that there was no bleeding or swelling in her brain was a miracle and for that I am so grateful. She's a tough one, that Sophie Lynn. She's so accident prone though, I am considering making her wear a helmet at all times to prevent any head cracking in the future.

Moving on . . .

On Wednesday of the next week we got some exciting news. Ayden's team was picked to perform at the Jazz Game! Considering they are so young and this is a playoff game, we were pretty honored!

The day of the game we had a practice on the floor and it was so exciting to see my little guy dance on that floor that I danced on so many years ago.




The performance went so well, and once again the crowd went wild! Especially when Ayden did his front handspring that he recently mastered! It was such a fun night!

But we don't stop there! The next morning was another soccer game and another competition! Holy Cow, this momma is pooped! Fortunately we have a little bit of a break before the next competition, graduation, and year end concert! It's a busy time of life right now, but I know it only gets more and more busy from here on out!

7 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad Sophie was alright. That is so scary! Sounds like you guys are doing lots of fun things to keep you busy! Fun times :)

Janet said...

It has been crazy for you! I'm so glad Sophie is ok - there will be no more getting hurt at Nana's house!

WIKKY said...

Isn't it crazy how time just keeps going even though you don't want it to???? ha!
I am so glad miss sophie is ok!!!
She is a tough little chica!!!

Jen said...

Poor Sophie!!! That is so sad. I am so glad that she is ok though, all things considered. You have been a very busy mommy. Glad you are doing ok!! Hopefully we can get together next time we come to visit.

Laura H said...

Welcome to motherhood! It just gets more busy as they get older! Hang in there! YOu're doing great.

Gram said...

I am so happy that Sophie didn't have any worse effects from her fall.

You are a busy lady and it seems it is going to stay that way.

Ayden looks so cute in his costume and I am happy that he loves to perform and is doing so well at it. Good Luck Ayden in the soccer games.

Richard said...

Great post, Mary. Ah, the drama of family life. I'm glad Sophie is okay, and I hope she stays that way. Very cool about Ayden dancing at the Jazz game. And Myla's a doll. We love you.