Monday, May 25, 2009

A grateful heart . . .

I have a lot of catching up to do but today I just want to take a minute and express how grateful I am for all the wonderful people in my life.

Its so hard for me to go from being the one who takes care of everyone, to being the one who needs to be taken care of. But I think it's an important part of life.

So I am so thankful for all the help I got this week when I went in for my surgery. First, to my Mom and Sister. I couldn't have asked for more. They went above and beyond the call of duty, and my kids will always remember the weekend they spent with them. They love you guys so much, I couldn't have done this without you.

To my sweetheart. . . babe, you're the best. You have been so great, and I truly appreciate everything you do for our family. You're the man of my dreams.

And to all my friends and family who called, sent texts, and stopped by . . . Thank you!  You guys are what this life is all about. I love you guys!

12 comments:

Gram said...

Dear, sweet Mary, I am so happy to know that you are getting well. You have been in my prayers and hoping all went well. If I knew how to text I would have sent you one. Just know that Grandma and Grandpa have been worried about you, too.

jenny said...

Thanks for your thoughtful post, Mar. I'm so glad everything went well with your surgery. We had a great time with Ayden & Soph, I love them so stinkin' much!

jenny said...

ps- we wish you could have come to decorate the graves with us. Love you Mar!

Karrissa Winward said...

I am so glad you are doing well!

Judy Hammer said...

Holy Cow, Mary. I didn't know anything about the surgery being last week. I hope you're feeling okay, and I totally would have helped out!!! Love, Judy

Richard B said...

I'm glad that things went well and you are doing fine. Now you have to work toward the finished product. Good luck.

WIKKY said...

Glad you are feeling better!

Jen said...

Hey Mar, I am sorry to hear that you had surgery. I hope that everything went well!!! We love ya and let us know if you need anything.

Nicole said...

You had surgery? Hope everything is ok and you are making a quick recovery!

Michelle and Caleb said...

What!!! I didn't know that you had surgery. What for? I hope all is well.

linds jo said...

hmmm...this comment is probley way too late, but i had no idea you were having surgery!!! im such a lame friend but i hope all is going well. love ya.

Gram said...

Dearest Mary, Thanks you for bringing those darling kids over to see me. They are a loving couple of 'greats'. The "b" bread was deliciouso! Gramps enjoyed it as much as I did. Hope you had a great time with your family at the pool.