Thursday, March 19, 2009

{ my favorite things }

Both of my parents just posted about some of their favorite things. They posed the question, 
"What are some of your favorite things".
 I started thinking about it and wanted to share:


Driving.  For some reason I just really like being behind the wheel.

My kids.  Sometimes they drive me crazy, but when they're gone . . . I just crave them.

Dancing.  I love to turn on music and just rock out in my kitchen.

Candy. I could eat candy all day long. Especially anything gummy.

A fresh bev. (meaning a fountain drink from the gas station) I honestly feel strangely spiritual about a lovely beverage. Strange.

The Temple. I know a lot of people find it a little boring, but I truly think it's fun.

Getting dressed up. Not like Sunday clothes, but more like getting ready for a hot date with my hubby.

Baking. I like turning individual ingredients into some that looks and tastes good.

So I ask you . . . "what are your favorite things?"

3 comments:

Abi said...

I agree on the driving thing! I love it! Many nights are worked out just by a nice drive!
And I love seeing how you look for your hot dates. You sure a one hot lady. Really you are gorgeous! I agree that getting ready for a date is ever so fun.

Janet said...

Great post, Mary! I'd loved hearing about your favorite things. I love how you used the word "crave" for your kiddies - that's cute and means you're a good mom.

Gram said...

Good post Mary! I am so happy you love your little kiddos so much (even when they do crazy things). I agree with a lot of your favorite things except for the driving. I have never enjoyed it. It is just a means to an end for me. When I was younger I really enjoyed the baking and cooking thing. When I was young and skinny I loved going to the temple. When you are old and fat it is a lot of work and takes a lot of pleasure out of it.