Wednesday, January 14, 2009

{ Munchkins part 1 }

I feel like it's been a while since I did a post solely about my kids. They have been growing and maturing like crazy lately and has been so fun.

Ayden Sean:

Ayden is just loving school this year. He loves the kids (or should I say Girls! 7 of them!) in his class and he absolutely adores his teacher. Not a day goes by that he doesn't make a special picture for her or find a special toy he wants to give to her. He is a master of sight words and loves to spell. They are starting to bring home books that they have to pass off and he is a total pro.

Ayden still loves to sing and dance. In the car we listen to songs from Tinkerbell, Mamma Mia, and the Grinch and he knows all the words.  He even makes me sing the girl parts while he sings the boy parts. At home his favorite activities are dancing to music on the computer, coloing pictures, spelling, playing nickjr or pbskids on the computer,  playing "mommy and daddy" with Sophie, and having friends over. He does such a good job of entertaining himself, I can't complain.

Ayden has the most tender heart. Example: He was in charge of bringing the treat bucket for pre-school today and I bought exactly enough for the kids in his class. Before he left he told Logan, "Dad, I wanted you to have a treat too, but there isn't enough, so I'm going to save mine and bring it home for you." He is always looking out for his sister too. He tells Sophie (who he calls SISSY) and I that we look beautiful all the time. He gives hugs and kisses like he means it and loves to lay in bed and snuggle. I was singing to him in bed the other night and he said, "Mom, I just love to hear you sing. It's so beautiful." 

Ayden is very articulate. He speaks better than most 6 and 7 year olds I know. He has always been very clear and easy to understand, but he also uses good grammar. He is a sponge though, and I'm learning how much he really does understand when he regurgitates it back to me. 

Ayden loves to get dressed. He used to do it many times a day, but as he gets older it's usually just once or twice. He is working on matching and when he thinks he's done a good job, he comes out and says, "Mom, do I look studly?" He also grew his hair out because he wanted to wear it spikey like Dad. He loves to play dress up in anything he can find. On occasion I even find him walking around in my shoes or my shirts.

Ayden is always trying to make a deal. No matter what we say, he tries to use his words of persuasion to cut a deal in his favor. For example: At bedtime he tries to work a deal to get to lay downstairs by the fireplace and snuggle as a family as opposed to laying in his own bed. When its time to leave, he wants to make one last picture, especially for me in hopes of getting to delay a little longer.  My favorite deal though, was on Sunday when he said "Mom, why don't you and Dad just take turns going to church (like we do when someone is sick) and then when you get home . . . we can go to All a Dollar!" What a deal!

I am just loving this 4 year old little boy! He is delightful, and even though there are still the occasional tantrums and arguments, he is turning out to be such a fun little kid.


5 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Ayden is so awesome! We love you Aydo potato!

Abi said...

Seriously that kid is amazing! I love that you posted all of this about him and he will love reading it one day . . . what a sweet mommy you are!
I love his dance moves and have a request that you post some of them. Especially his ALL THE SINGLE LADIES move.
Man he is studly!

Gram said...

What a great post about Ayden! I hope he knows how much I love him. He is such a sweet guy. I loved everything you wrote about him and I am so pleased he is learning sight words and spelling. I love his dance moves and I'll never forget the amazing spin on the Christmas Eve program. I have to tell you the last sentence had me LOL. Aah, how come you don't want to go to All A Dollar on Sunday.

WIKKY said...

It kills me that Clara is going to be in the same grade as Ayden. He really is just a little TOO (in a good way) advanced for his age! Way to go mom, dad and preschool! He is such a cutie!

Janet said...

Ayden is a sweetie - can't wait to see him tomorrow. It's so great that you record about the kids like this to remember how they are right now.