Wednesday, January 28, 2009

{ got the itch }

Do you ever get the itch to do something? You know that feeling . . . you just can't shake it. I get it with baking all the time. Even when I have a cake stand full of treats, I still get the itch to bake something.

Well, it's been slowly creeping in, but I got the itch to decorate. Since we moved in I haven't really liked out guest bathroom. About a year ago I got new towels in hopes of spicing it up a little but it didn't help all that much.  So I decided that this time I'd go all out!

Of course I forgot to take a before picture (stinker!) but just so you know, the walls were a soft gray color (same as the rest of my house unfortunately) and the cabinet was the same oak color that my kitchen was without beadboard or knobs. There was a big white unit over the toilet and just a standard mirror.

And after a day with much painting, sanding, refinishing, totally ignored children, a tornado blown house, and a little swearing . . . 

We now have a new and improved bathroom!!




12 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

That looks awesome! Seriously, what a difference! That is tons of work, way to go!

jenny said...

That seriously looks amazing Mar! You did awesome! Definitely worth your hard work:) I LOVE it!

Gram said...

Wow! Like I told Logan,"Send Mary my way". It looks really good. Sorry we missed you yesterday when you went to Ikea. Logan and Ayden looked good. Sorry that Logan has been sick this week.

Janet said...

Wow, Mary, that looks great! Good Work. I love the melon color and it seems so much bigger without the unit over the toilet. I can hardly wait to see it in person!

Richard said...

Great work on the bathroom, Mar!

Love, dad

Laura H said...

I'm jealous that you have the gumption to just "go for it". I wish I could. I'm too scared and nervous of screwing up. It looks great!

Lindsay said...

Looks fantastic! Want to do mine?

WIKKY said...

I saw it in the real and it looks fabulous!!! I need to do that with my upstairs bathroom too! I just am WAY too lazy. I still have a cupboard that needs to be painted and put up from 6 months ago. EEk.. Looks great!!!!!

Abi said...

Holy moly Mar! Good work! I was trying to figure out if you have three bathrooms upstairs. It looks so much bigger without that storage thingy over the toilet!
I LOVE IT!
You are one good decorator!

Jen said...

Check you out!!! You did a great job!!! I love how you use such great colors!!! Wanna come work on my house?!?

Hayward Family said...

SO CUTE!! Good job! :)

Stacia Pratt said...

WOW! You are so creative and what you created was the cutest darn guest bathroom! I Love It!