Thursday, August 28, 2008

{eliminating the ghetto-ness}

A couple months ago Soph started climbing out of her crib. We weren't prepared for that so the best solution we could come up with was stacking 2 crib mattresses on the floor. (ghetto)

At least we knew she wouldn't hurt herself if she fell out.

I have been feeling bad because of the ghetto-ness of her situation and decided that I might feel a little better if she had a comforter of some kind.

My Mom has made a few duvet covers in her day so I thought I might be able to figure it out. Let's just say, there better not be an inspection on my sewing job because it's pretty nasty.

I used a sheet for the top and a super soft comfy blanket for the underneath side. I think it turned out alright and now even though the poor girl doesn't have an actual bed, at least she has a comforter, right?



{The proud new owner}

6 comments:

WIKKY said...

I love the little bows. So cute. No one looks at the stitching, atleast I don't. I bet it looks fabulous! Congrats on a job well done!

Codye Brynn said...

I love this! Mary you are a genious! Love you!!

jenny said...

So cute! Mar you're so crafty, look at you! I Love it!

Abi said...

So awesome!! I love it! you did a great job! And no one cares about stitching . . . oh lil soph!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Mary!

Gram said...

That was great that you could figure it out and Sophie is proud of it. It looks fine and the bows put a special touch on it. Keep up the good work, Mary. Love you!!