Friday, June 20, 2008

{Catching up}

Here's my attempt on getting all caught up.

First of all, I'm feeling really bad that I didn't do a special post for my sweetheart on
Father's day.


Logan has blown me away. When I married him, I always imagined that he would be a good father, but he has gone above and beyond my wildest dreams. Our children adore him. Not only is he fun and carefree, but he is patient and kind. He is an example to me every day and I am honored to have the opportunity to raise a family with him.

The day before Father's day we had a nice BBQ with our neighbors to celebrate and all the fun just tuckered this little guy right out!


{Sleepy tates in Madi's polka dot chair}

Crazy Soph. Need I say more. Many things have happened since she turned 2 just a mere 2 weeks ago. First of all. . .


She's in a big girl bed! (ghetto, I know) For your information this is not by choice. She started climbing out of her crib and I was so worried that she would hurt herself that I decided to bite the bullet and put the crib away. We have had a crib in our house (2, at one point) for the last 3 1/2 years. It does feel good to be crib-free, but having 2 mobile children in the night is going to take some getting used to.

And last but not least. . . Spring Concert!

About a year ago I started teaching at the Jazz Dancer Studio here in Layton. My good friend Courtney owns the studio. I only teach one night a week, and I only teach the advanced girls (my requirements) and it has been an absolute blast! I have really grown to love these girls.

Last night was our year end concert. It was a long night, but we had a great time! Here's some pictures of my little stinkers:


{Express Company}

{Senior Company}


{Elite Company}

15 comments:

Richard B said...

Thanks for catching up. Yes, you do have a special husband/daddy of your children. Glad that you are able to use your dance skills. Those were the days!?

Gram said...

Now we know why there wasn't a post for so long. I hope little Sophie is getting used to her new bed and will stay there all night. I'm with you - when they start climbing out of the crib it is time to get it out of the bedroom. The dancers were beautiful and I am sure you did a good job. I always loved to watch you dance so I know you can be a good teacher.

Abi said...

Man that Ayden is so wonderful. I love how sweet he is! That picture is CLASSIC! And wow no CRIB at your house. That is huge. I bet it will be crazy when you have no diapers. Woo wee!
Love you and you'll be missed tonight.

laura said...

I keep thinking that you should have at least tried out for SYTYCD?! You totally could have made it to Vegas. Seriously. You feel the dance much more than most of the people on the show. I miss seeing my seester dance.

Love you! Thanks for the update.

nanajan said...

I missed you! And I'm glad you're back. Logan is a wonderful father! Sophie's bed is NOT ghetto - she looks sweet and comfortable. And I, too am glad that you're still using your dancing skills and passing the love onto another generation!

WIKKY said...

What an eventful post. So much I could comment about. Logan is great, Ayden looks darling asleep in that chair, that bed for Sophie looks quite cozy and wow... talk about some dancers??? Way to go on the dancing. I bet it was awesome!

BRIANA said...

I am with you on the dance teaching requirements---it's so nice to be able to teach but I am not into the days of 5 days a week of Jazz 1. That's crazy that you don't have a crib out anymore---we have to move Wyatt out of his soon but only because the next kid is booting him out! Good to see what you are up to!!!

Andra Ingebretsen said...

Hey Mary! I tis your long lost cousin, Andra. That was really sweet about your husband- it is crazy I have only met him once! But anyway, it really is so nice to genuinely be wowed by your husband! What a blessing to love being married!

jenny said...

Logan is so amazing! And your kids are adorable. I had so much fun being up there with you! Thanks for Cherry Hill, and thanks for the snacks ! Love you guys SO much:)

Richard said...

Logan is a great husband--and you are a great wife and mom. I love you!

Hayward Family said...

CUTE!! How fun for you to teach dance! I teach twice a week as well, and I love it! I forgot how much I miss dancing! haha... You are so cute, your little family is so cute!

linds jo said...

i just sent sophie an invite to tates bday party (I realize its very far, but it wouldnt be the same without sophies name on the list:)tues the 15th
anyway, im doing a bbq for kenny this weekend the 11th or 12th(either fri or sat-ill let ya know) and i would love for you guys to come to either or both!
this weekend all the gang will be there so that might be more fun. but i just wanted to give you a heads up! and tell you its long past time for a hammer blog update:)

linds jo said...

and i do realize the recent sky-rocketed gas prices...so you are exempt from all the parties. but i did want to let you know just incase:)

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Hi Mary,
I hope you don't mind that I have been blog-stocking you and your cute family. I was hoping that you could move out to Ca. so that I could dare to get my hair colored again. But since I am sure you can't, I referred you to my so to be sister-in-law. She is going to be moving up to Mountain Green and needs a good person. I hope you don't mind.
Your family is really adorable!

Charles, Kellie, Gabe and Khale said...

Hi Mary,
I hope you don't mind that I have been blog-stocking you and your cute family. I was hoping that you could move out to Ca. so that I could dare to get my hair colored again. But since I am sure you can't, I referred you to my so to be sister-in-law. She is going to be moving up to Mountain Green and needs a good person. I hope you don't mind.
Your family is really adorable!