Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The definition of a weekend. . .

We had the most incredible weekend! It all started Thursday night when we headed down to the cabin (Logan's family has a cabin up by Sundance) to party! We, of course, had our other half with us. . . the Flittons! (We have now nicknamed ourselves the Flammers) We stayed up that night playing games and getting settled.

Friday morning my Mom was gracious enough to watch our children (Nana Jan Day!) while we headed up to hit the slopes! That's right, we went skiing! I had a small obsession with skiing that lasted a grand total of the winter of my freshman year, and haven't been since. Needless to say, I was a little apprehensive about the whole thing, but I knew it would be fun.

So I, with my fellas (Logan, Ryan, McKay, and Parker) headed up to the Sundance Ski Resort for a fun filled day in the the snow. The weather was good, aside from a few snow storms up at the top that scared the ba-gee-bers out of us.

I didn't know this small fact, but skiing is a lot like riding a bike...once you've done it, you can pretty much pick it back up no problem. I must say that the nickname of "snowplow queen" that was given to me in 9th grade was still in affect, though.

All in all it was a great adventure!

Later that night we had dinner at Ice Burg in Orem and headed back to the cabin for more games and movie fun. On Saturday Logan had to work and the Flittons headed up to their family cabin so I was there alone with my kiddos. Believe it or not, we had the most incredible nap together. It is so quiet up there, it's unreal. I think we all slept for over 3 hours.

That night we met up with our friends, the Paxmans, for dinner and more cabin fun. On Sunday we spent the day relaxing with our kids, playing games together, watching movies and just plain enjoying each others company. It was incredible. We finished it off with a delicious dinner at Nana Jan and Papa Rich's before heading home.

Truthfully it was one of the funnest, most memorable weekends I've had in a long time. What a blessing it is to have wonderful friends, an incredible family, and a great home away from home to slip off to.

(I know what you're thinking, NO PICTURES? Ya, that's right.
I totally forgot the camera. Bummer.)

11 comments:

WIKKY said...

I love it!!! I have never been skiing with Craig (in all of our eight year of marriage). Time to go, I'd say! I am glad you guys had so much fun. Nothing better than making fun memories like that (especially at the cabin)

nanajan said...

I'm glad you had such a fun weekend and some of it was with me!

Karrissa Winward said...

I love those moments that are so amazing and you never want to forget!

Chelle said...

even though I heard this whole update this morning in person, I still read every word and loved it. Glad you had such a great time.

Jen said...

We had such a great time hanging out with you guys!! It was like the olden days. We need to do it again soon.

Abi said...

seriously I thought the whole time . . . where are the pictures? I love pictures . . . I had a great time just reading about your fun time this weekend. You tell stories SO GREAT! See you soon!

Gooches said...

hey mary! how are ya? it is good to see your cute family again. okay so this is random but i love your hair and since you are a hairstylist i was wondering if you would cut it for me. email me at goochymomma@gmail.com. how much do you charge for cut and color? holly gooch

Gram said...

I loved reading about your weekend and especially that we were able to se all of you on Sunday. I have been missing Ayden and Sophie since Christmas. It really is terrific that you had a place like that to go and share with friends. You are bery blessed.

Lindsay said...

How FUN! I miss the mountains and cabins and camping...I'm so jealous!

Anonymous said...

3 hour nap! I am so jealous! Well also the skiing, cabin, and mountain adventure sound nice too!

jenny said...

we want more posts!!