Monday, January 7, 2008

The Candle Pass

My husband's family has this great tradition each year where they to a "candle pass". Each person lights their candle from the previous person and has a few minutes to talk about the good and bad of the past year, things they are grateful for, etc...

We used to do it on Christmas Eve, but as the family has grown so much over the last few years, we have had to change the tradition a little. Now we choose a day in early January and do an adults only fondue/candle pass night. It is always so crazy when all 18 grandkids are there so it's fun to get together as adults sometimes so we can talk and laugh together.


As we were cleaning up, I challenged my brother-in-law, Craig, to a contest. We wanted to see who could fit more marshmellows in their mouth. I knew he would win, because he would stop at nothing less, but it was still really fun.


Mary = 6 Craig= 8

I'm really grateful that I was able to join this awesome family. So many people have issues with their "in-laws" but I have been truly blessed to find this family that I absolutely adore. "Hammer Power, Hammer Power!!"

10 comments:

Herriman Blue said...

That really was a great night. It's so fun to get a chance to be together without the kids running wild! Then we can all run wild!!

We really are a lucky group!! Loved what you had to say Mary, you're a great addition to our family!! Love you!

Karrissa Winward said...

That is a fun tradition!!

jenny said...

thats awesome...what a babe craig is haha

Gram said...

That sounds like a neat tradition. We are so happy you found in-laws that you can love as much as your own family and who love you just like we do. What a great blessing!!

Michelle said...

nice marshmallows girl, looks good! I am having dry heaves right now just looking at the picture!

Abi said...

Seriously I can't believe you put all those in your mouth! AWESOME. Anyway it was a great night!
LOVE YOU!

Lindsay said...

Hey! It was so fun to catch up on all your posts (I've been outta town). Your pictures are awesome--I'm sad you didn't win the marshmellow contest, just push harder next time :o)

WIKKY said...

Atleast you didn't barff them all up later on in the sink for all of us to listen to! Yuck. That was a really fun night!

Jeanine said...

Impressive....a girl with so many talents....gotta love it! This is so fun, all of our high school friends are right here...I have been looking at everyones blog, catching up! I just barely started a blog.

http://web.mac.com/shoeguru1/Site/Welcome.html

See ya,
Jeanine

Calee Richards said...

Mary check out my blog. All for you!!! :)This is Calee by the way Abis sister