Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Happy Pioneer Day!

As you may have noticed, I didn't post anything about the 4th of July. I had high hopes that it would be a great day but it just didn't turn out the way I had pictured it would. Things just kept going wrong, one after another. So after that fiasco I tried not to get my heart set on having a good pioneer day. Lo and behold. . . it was a great day!
My babies

Logan's family always does a RED WHITE and BLUE breakfast for pioneer day. His mom works so hard decorating the tables and making all the food so we can have a great celebration together. This year was awesome! The kids had a great time playing outside and the adults got to enjoy each others company (filled with inappropriate things as usual) while enjoying a delicious breakfast.Yes, neither of my children are looking at the camera as usual

After breakfast the kids went for a walk with their Brammy, watched a movie, and played outside a little more. All the while the adults got to sit upstairs and visit. It couldn't have been more pleasant. Around 3:00 we started firing up the grill for a BBQ. Bapa (Logan's dad) had to leave for work so Logan stepped up and took over the grillin. He made some yummy burgers and pretty much got everything else ready to eat. (He's such a good man. Always so helpful. I love him) Once again the food was great and so was the company. Just as we were getting ready to leave, there was a down poor of rain which was actually the perfect way to end it all. We all went running to our cars getting soaked by the minute, the kids crying and all of us laughing. What a fun Hammer Day!Mary and gangsta Abi

Later that evening we sat outside and played a game with Ryan and Michelle while the kids slept. It was a nice way to wind down at the end of a great day. (I was asked to mention that Ryan won the game, although I'm pretty sure he cheats!)

I love having holidays that give us the opportunity to plan memorable experiences. I always look forward to the RED WHITE and BLUE breakfast. It is a good memory for me. I'm also grateful that I have this blog to document the fun experiences that I share with the people I love.

6 comments:

Richard B said...

Sounds like you had a great 24th celebration with the Hammers. Making memories is what it's all about. That is a bunch of grandkids! Glad you got be part of the activities. I could use one of those delicious burgers.

Chelle said...

Where is the OTHER pic of you and Abi. That's what I wanna know. :O

That was a wonderful day. Thanks for setting it all to background music. I'm pretty sure that is why I was breaking into happy tears at every turn. love ya!

Anonymous said...

what a fun Pioneer Day! Sounds as if everyone had a great time. The picture of Ayden and Sophie are darling. They are growing up!

Abi said...

Oh what fun. I am glad this day turned out better then the 4th.

And to reply to Chelle's question . . . go to my blogger blog!

We sure love you!

Amber and Mike said...

Your too cute. I'm glad you had a good day. I cant wait to get home and get together with you. It has been forever. love ya
amber

linds jo said...

Hey woman! I feel like its been 27 years since I was last on the blogin wagon. I decided Im not a good mover...its been very stressful! Yours is so cute. My house is finally pulling itself together and the pool is done so we need to have a pool party! ASAP