Sunday, June 3, 2007

Oh the creatures we saw!

I wanted to take a minute to talk about the crazy things we saw on our trip. The first morning we headed out for breakfast and to our surprise we were accompanied by some peacocks. And we're not talked about just a few peacocks, they have between 15 and 20 wandering about the resort. A lot of people had them on their patios. We also learned that peacocks sleep in trees and make an absolutely horrible squawking sound. I bet you didn't know that!



A few days into the trip, as we were chillin in our room, I looked up in the corner and there was a gecko! We saw them outside all the time, and that was pretty cool, but having it in our room was a little different. We took some pictures of it and then tried to scare it towards the door. Man can those things cruise!



As we were returning to the hotel one day, we saw a monkey running across the street. We were on the bus so we couldn't get a picture but I'm sure we made big enough fools of ourselves anyway.

At various locations on the resort there were all kinds of fish. A few times we saw turtles, and also the most beautiful swans.
The resort was made up of 4 hotels together. In the lobby of the hotel to the right of us had a flamingo theme going on, and they had a whole bunch of them walking around.

We are not sure if cats are considered a fairly exotic animal in Mexico or something, but the resort was full of them. They would come walking through the restaurants all the time. They were everywhere. That was probably one of the most strange things we saw.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

I was with you on this whole post, I even thought the gecko sounded cool. But the cats? eeeewwww! ha ha.
And when I first glanced at the picture of the gecko in your room, I thought it must be a foot long. Then I looked at the other pic and realized maybe 3 inches. You should have posted the close up only. : )
Looks like fun. And I'm so glad you are recording all of this on your blog. What a fun thing for you to look back on.

love ya-- and will see you practically every day this week. woo hoo.

Anonymous said...

The peacocks were beautiful. I didn't know they made a squawking noise. I cannot imagine letting cats run through a lobby and resort. Maybe they were there to catch the rodents. I am happy wyou and Logan had such a good time. We missed you yesterday.

BRIANA said...

Okay Mary---so I checked out your blog a ong time ago and decided that I should check it again! Needless to say I had a lot of reading to do---but it was fun to read about your trip!! I am finally getting my blog going so check it out at paulandbrifamily.blogspot.com

Love
Briana